We will be performing maintenance on our servers between the hours of 12:30 AM PST to 3:30 AM PST on Friday 11/22/13. This maintenance should not cause any downtime, however your sites may be less responsive during the maintenance period.
Ticket Industry Blog
Many think email marketing has become an antiquated form of delivery and the ability to succeed in email marketing is a thing of the past. In a fast pace growing era of social networking and instant short hand communication, can one still succeed in email marketing? Believe it or not research shows that users still love their emails if the content is delivered well. It all starts with an attention grabbing subject line, then moves to the content of the email itself. This much is true, the average persons attention span has gotten relatively shorter in this era of speed communication and delivery so it’s best to convey your message in graphics if possible.
If you do go the graphics route, keep it clean, modern and relative to what you are promoting. Showcase 1 or 2 of your top events and do not go over board with options. Give the user 4-7 choices. Ticket Platform email marketing email templates are a great way to go. They are designed for optimum call to action and ultimately towards a conversion. How about the number of times you should hit your audience. Research shows that the soft spot is somewhere between one to two times a month, anymore and they remove you or tune you out. Setup your campaigns every quarter and know they are taken care of. Ticket Platform’s email marketing service is turn key. Pick your templates and events for each template and Ticket Platform will create each design for you, promoting your events and even manage and sent out the email through your 3rd party service like Constant Contact.
Here are a list of Top Email Marketing Companies that can house your client lists and even provide their own templates. Of course we recommend you use a custom ticketing template to make sure your message is clear when delivered to your clients.
- Benchmark Email
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
Build Ticket Site – 101
Getting in the ticket business and preparing to build a ticket site can be a taunting task. The first step is to ask yourself do i want to build out this site myself or do i want to get a company like Ticket Platform to build this ticket site for me. When you build a ticket site the biggest challenge is getting a web services or API from an exchange to function seamlessly on a ticket company website. This is the main challenge. If you can handle that aspect of the web site development then you may not need to go to an outside firm. Then it becomes about due diligence, comparing products and price options. Ticket platform has been in the business of handing over turn key powerful ticket sites to users for over 7 years. The CMS we use, The PXS LightSwitch application easily integrates with the top two exchanges in the industry Ticket Network and Ticket Evolution.
It’s really important to make sure if you are getting a developer to build you a site that the site or application is always kept up to date, that monthly subscription should be an intricate part of that build ticket site criteria. Ticket Platform’s PXS LightSwitch application is always up to date and the subscription fee you pay monthly always covers support, upgrades and hosting.
It is true we offer customized ticket websites for sale but we also offer pre built ticket websites that were once owned at a discounted rate. There are times that online ticket sellers who get into the ticket business for one reason or another no longer want or need their ticket web site. So instead of letting the domain and website go to waist they ask Ticket Platform to help them sell their ticket websites.
Here is a link to our the page on our website where you can find these pre owned ticket websites for sale. There are generally two options when buying these sites. One option comes with the domain ownership of the online ticket site and the other option does not. There is always a one time setup fee (which may or may not include domain ownership) then each user simply picks the monthly subscription rate to use our PXS Application to manage and develop their ticket site. Learn more about the PXS Application here, The PXS Application is the ticket industries most comprehensive content management system (CMS)
Here’s the first thing you should know. No matter how pretty your website is in and of itself it’s not going to garnish you sales without your effort. So if you’re not willing to put in at least a few hours a week on your Ticket Network Partner site, Ticket Network Broker site or Ticket Evolution Ticket site than you should reconsider investing the money into a new ticketing website.
Another important factor is to be original in what you share with the work about who you are, what you stand for and why ticket buyers should buy tickets from you and not another online ticket company. We use to get upset that our competitor would copy everything we did, from copying our monthly subscription business model to copying phrasing and graphics we use in marketing to our users. Then it became clear to us, let them. Let them be a follower and you should take head and do not do the same.
Rule number #1 when adding content on your site be sure to be original, innovative and creative. Make sure the content has purpose and is useful to your audience. Google algorithms are very intuitive and sensitive to copied material for the same reasons we have listed above. They want to weed out the follower and imitators and get to the source of helpful information. Now you can start considering these other points when creating a new ticket website. By the way make sure to always check Ticket Platform’s Promotions page for the latest price saving when you are ready to build your site. Not to digress, here are the top 10 things to consider if you are planning to get into the ticket business.
- Make sure the domain name of your ticketing website reflects (A) Either your nitch market (B) It contains (B) A short tail keyword within the domain (If you don’t know what that is, contact Ticket Platform online marketing department and they will help you) (C) The domain name is not too long (D) If its an obscure name, know that part of your marketing budget should include ways of developing your brand.
- Customizing Your Ticket Site – Just because you like a look of a prominent ticket website that’s known in the industry don’t copy it, make sure you take elements you like, but then put some thought into how your website will be even better.
- Make sure color scheme of your new ticket site is pleasing. Believe it or not but some colors simply turn users away. Not sure what colors are no no’s? It’s ok, your Ticket Platform project manager will guide you here.
- Make sure you have a solid support team – That means make sure whoever builds you’re site is not rushing you to build your site, take your money and leave you on your own. If using TicketPlatform.com we become a part of your online team. Rest assured our main focus is in helping you, not hurrying to take money out of your pocket.
- Make sure the site is designed for Conversion – A customized site and traffic to your site are paramount but if you don’t have a site designed for easy flow for conversion what is it good for? We guide all our users in this area. If you feel like your design is going in the wrong direction, rest assured we will tell you. We’ve been doing this long enough to know what works and what does not.
- Do not start this business with having Google Analytics set up or Stat Counter set up. In life you wouldn’t start running blind onto oncoming traffic right? Well it’s the same thing, why put all this time and effort into a business and not observe what is working and what’s not. That’s what Google Analytics or Stat Counter does. Don’t know how to get that set up on your new ticket site? Don’t worry we do and we will do it for you.
- Have a online marketing plan. Once your site is built you should have an online marking plan based on your budget to start driving traffic to your site. Our team is here to brain storm with you based on your domain name, region and nitch to come up with a marketing plan that works for you. If you have the marketing dollars and want to hand this part of the business over to someone, turn it over to Ticket Platform’s online marketing department who’s been garnishing traffic for our clients for the past 2 years. Or just drop our online marketing department an email anytime and simply ask a question. We want you to succeed.
- Diversify when it comes to marketing. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. That doesn’t mean you should not start with one marketing plan like a PPC (Pay Per Click) program, but always look to diversify with other avenues like social network development or organic SEO development.
- Get in the fight. We hear from users statements like this, “How can I ever compete with (so and so) they have so much money to dump in their seo development? “ This is a 6 billion dollar industry; you can find your nitch and make a good revenue stream for yourself. Get in the fight.
- Be of service and be original – Like we started off this blog, we explained to you the importance of being authentic in what you say, what you do and in the product you provide your clients. Set the standards and don’t be a copycat, work hard on your nitch and you will succeed.
We hope this blog was of help to you. Let us know what you think!
Innovation and authenticity not plagiarism is one of the key elements to success not only in the ticket industry but most likely in every industry and certainly in life. At first we use to get upset at the fact that our competitor continuously copied everything we did from adding a puzzle peace to the front page of his site (tm infringement by the way) , to adding similar content and pages and copying our handouts. But the more we sat with this idea it became clear that they would always play catch up and get the left overs as we paved the way in creating new products, services and unique ways that are just our way of communicating that with your family of clients. I think Google values that as well. For some time websites got away with plagiarizing content on their websites thinking that it would do the job and soon Google penalized and even sand boxed many sites that took the short cut.
The same goes with your ticket site. Your ticket site should be unique and of value to the end user. Even though there are many online ticket sites in the market place it does not mean you cannot carve a unique niche for yourself and offer something of value to your market. First and foremost don’t bite off more than you can chew. Decide who you’re market is and ask yourself does my websites content service this audience.
Then get busy building and developing services and information in addition to your exchange feed to bring them and having them return to your site. Keep active on your social network pages by not just posting what tickets you are selling at an amazing discounted price but communicate with your market about non ticket related events and news. Talk to them, share with them and they will communicate back with you.
Once they know you are the real deal and not another cloned online ticket seller you will gain their trust. Once your brand is associated with their trust then they will come to you for the purchase of their tickets. Is it that simple? Yes. Be real. Offer quality and think service. Service. Service. Service. So to all those who copy you…. Tell them go ahead, have at it, we love that fact that you eat our scraps.
Flip The Switch On Your Ticket Exchange
Ticket Platform has been working diligently on the release of PXS2.0 in time for the Ticket Summit in Las Vegas (July 11-13). Our focus for 2.0 has been to give the power back to the online ticket seller. The Exchanges certainly are a necessary component in the equation of selling tickets online but they should not dictate or mandate the process of ticketing. Ticket Platform has come up with a solution to give the power back to the ticket seller. In PXS2.0 you will no longer be pigeon held into living with an exchange that is not treating you right. You will not need to create a new website in order to have the new feed of a new exchange; you’ll simply flip the switch.
With the PXS2.0 we’ve integrated a multi exchange module that can gives our users the ability to simply move to a new exchange with a few simple setting adjustments. In version 2.0.5 we will also release content rollover from your performer pages, so once you add unique or shared content to your performer pages they will stay while you switch between exchanges. PXS2.0 will release with Ticket Network and Ticket Evolution as its primary two exchanges and in future releases, if we see the demand we will add additional exchanges. The concept here is simple, let the user choose, let the user have the power of choice and let it be easy.